The operating system on your VPS may prompt you now and again to reset your password.
This is a standard, 'good practice', measure to ensure your VPS is as secure as possible.
There is no obligation to change your password, so you don't have to change it at all. But you would do this at your own risk.
To change your password, complete the following steps: -
The short method
- Press CTRL+ALT+DEL
- The screen will clear and an option to 'change a password' will appear
The longer method
- Navigate to the bottom left of your VPS and click on the Windows icon
- Select 'Administrative tools'
- Double click 'Computer management'
- Select 'Users'
- Double click 'Users' folder
- Right click on the user whose password you wish to change
- Select 'Set password'