When linking Bet Angel Professional with Microsoft Excel you may get an error similar to this:
Error: 0x80028018 (-2147647512)
Description: Old Format or Invalid Type Library
This is a bug within Excel and can happen when either of the following is true:
- You are logged into Bet Angel having specified an incorrect currency on the login page
- You run an English version of Excel. However, the regional settings for the computer are configured for a non-English language
- Go to the settings editor within Bet Angel. Click on the 'Excel' tab and choose your location.
- During login, it is possible to choose from most major global currencies. Ensure that the currency selected matches the currency of your Betfair account.
- Secondly, if the your computer runs the English version of Excel and the computer location settings in Windows for the current user is configured for a language other than English, Excel will try to locate the language pack for the configured language. If the language pack is not found, the error is reported. For a solution to this problem see the Microsoft knowledge base here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320369