If you see the message above then this could be happening for several reasons. Check each of the following:
- Your account balance is zero. Betfair will refuse an account with zero balance. Deposit funds at www.betfair.com
- Your firewall is preventing Bet Angel or Soccer Mystic access to the internet. Check your firewall settings or temporarily disable to see if this works.
- You are behind a proxy server. Check your proxy settings if this is the case.
- You are in a location that has restricted access to Betfair. Check that you can log into Betfair using www.betfair.com
- Your account details are case sensitive. Check the spelling and case.
- Your account has been suspended. Check with Betfair.
- You are using an old version of Bet Angel or Soccer Mystic. Uninstall the software and download the latest version via the website.
- Your ISP is preventing access to gambling sites due to age restrictions. Check with your ISP.
- You have parental control software (NetNanny etc) installed preventing access to gambling sites. Check settings.
- Your time and date settings are incorrect. Betfair can refuse a connection if the time on your computer is too far out.
- Your ISP is undergoing maintenance work. This is rare but has been known to temporarily affect connections.
- Invalid characters in password. Do not use any of the following characters - "&%+=';£<>" or any language specific characters such as Chinese or Japanese script style characters in your password.